Say thank you to someone who helps to look after family or friends.
The Carer of the Year Award 2020, is for people, groups and organisations that help look after others, assisting them in the day to day running of their lives, making sure they are able to live as comfortably as possible.
You can nominate a person or an organisation. They can be funded or voluntary and can be from any kind of health care including both physical and mental health support. It can also be a friend or family member that cares for someone on their own time and through the goodness of their heart. The person(s) they care or provide support for must be within the South Lakes area.
Previous finalists have included:
- Lee Winter for providing care at home for his wife and son while working a full time job.
- Beverly Dixon for her voluntary role at Women’s Community Matters providing help, support and guidance about the benefit system to the users of the centre.
- Janet Bury for setting up a support and respite group for other carers who look after family members with Autism.
- Amy Healey for the care and support she provided to her father at home when he was diagnosed with an illness that left him unable to look after himself.
- Matylda Kenny for the care and support she has given to her younger sister in dealing with her disabilities.
Need some inspiration, check out previous winners and finalists…