Say thank you to a business that supports or gives back to the community in your neighbourhood.
The Community Focused Business Award sponsored by INS, is for businesses that have been either set up to support the community through their activities or for businesses who help support the community through donations or resources.
You can nominate businesses both large and small of any sector or industry as long as the support they provide is for part of the community that is in the Barrow Borough.
They could provide funding for activities to happen such as family fun days or sporting events or they may have helped to fund or pay for equipment or buildings to be built or maintained.
They could provide teams of their staff to help with activities for groups or for other projects in the local areas or the businesses main goal could be to provide support free of charge to the surrounding community and people.
The size of the help or donation does not matter, only that the help has made a difference to you, your community or project.
Previous finalists have included:
- Women’s Community Matters for the free services and support they provide women in the area.
- A Stitch Different for the fundraising and awareness building that supports the Autistic community in the area.
- The Bay Radio for free advertising, fundraising and event support they provide groups, charities and organisations in the area.
- Deemon Performance Academy for the free places they provide local young people and the help, support and guidance they provide to the families of the students and local communities.
- Kidfest for the 100’s of free tickets they allocate to schools, charities and youth groups for their event.
Need some inspiration, check out previous winners and finalists…