The Love Barrow Awards 2020 Terms and Conditions Ref: LBAV6
1. The closing date for the Love Barrow Awards 2019 nominations is 10/11/2019 at 6.00pm. No entries received after this time, either online or hard copy, can be considered. Please make sure you give yourself enough time prior to the deadline to fill in the form.
2. The Love Barrow Awards cannot be held responsible for any nominations that are not received due to computer issues such as connection issues or outdated software/hardware.
3. The Love Barrow Awards does not accept any supporting evidence and cannot be held responsible for returning any supporting evidence that is sent with the nomination forms.
4. All nominations must be for either a person or a group of people running projects, businesses, charity etc and must involve people. We cannot accept nominations for animals, buildings or locations.
5. All Young Citizen nominations must be for a child aged 8 years to 18 years old. The child must be 8 years plus when the nominations close for the year they have been nominated for.
6. All individuals that are nominated must not be deceased at the time of the nomination. If the nominated becomes deceased once the nomination is submitted, then they will continue through the process unless the nomination is withdrawn or personal circumstances dictate that the nomination is discontinued.
a. A group or project that include a deceased member of the team at time of nomination is acceptable.
7. The person(s) / organisations you nominate must operate/do work in the South Lakes, Cumbria area
8. All people /organisations that are nominated must be nominated for an event, project, activity that is either ongoing or has been active within the last 12 months from the date of nomination. Anything prior to this cannot be accepted for a nomination.
9. Past winners can not be accepted in the same category again unless a minimum of at least 3 years has passed and the acitivty is different from the last nomination.
10. The Love Barrow Awards cannot be held responsible for any forms which contain the wrong information. Where possible, with people’s personal stories, privacy will be respected and information checked but it is up to the nominator or the nominee to guide the media outlets in what they would like retracting or to correct them.
The media outlets and The Love Barrow Awards cannot be held responsible if any incorrect information goes to print / on-air / recorded.
11. Each nominee reserves the right to retract their nomination and not take part in the awards regardless of who nominated them or what it was for.
12. The Love Barrow Awards Committee reserves the right to withdraw any nominations ( without notice ) that do not comply with the Terms and Conditions and/or are deemed to be inappropriate, misleading or created in a way that would cause distress, harm or breach of privacy/safety or security to the nominated if the story were to be made public.
13. The judges will only discuss and judge based on the information which has been submitted on the form. Personal knowledge or connections to any of the judging panel will not be taken into account.
Judging will take place after the nominations are closed. The final 3 for each category will be judged by a panel of mixed representatives from across the Barrow and Furness Area from all sectors, including Public Services, Private Business, Voluntary and Love Barrow Awards Committee Members.
14. Finalists will be announced after the judging has taken place and all nominees have been contacted to let them know they are through to the final and to check that they want to continue.
In the event that a finalist does not want to continue in the awards the next person on the judging list will be contacted and, if willing to continue, be placed into the finals.
15. The Love Barrow Awards reserves the right to ( without notice ) withdraw a nomination in the final 3, regardless of what stage the awards are at, if after judging it is found that the nomination was grossly inaccurate or falsified in a way that would have favored the judging.
16. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on the 13th March 2020 at The Forum, Barrow-in-Furness.
17. All finalists will be entitled to a set number of tickets once they have confirmed that they are willing to take part. The conditions of tickets are subject to change ( with out notice given )
18. The event is a private event and only those with a ticket can attend, nominating someone does not entitle you to a ticket.
19. All entries that an email address is provided for will asked if they would like to opt in to a mailing list for the purpose of keeping people informed about the awards. All individuals will always have the options to unsubscribe from the list at anytime, even after opting in.
a. The list will not be shared with third parties and will only be used for the express purpose of giving information about the Love Barrow Awards and will be held, stored and used within the conditions set out by the GDPR 2018 Regulations.
To download a PDF version of these Terms and Conditions, please click the Download button below.Love Barrow Awards 2020 Terms and Conditions