The Love Barrow Awards 2017
Terms and Conditions Ref: LBAV1
1. The closing date for the Love Barrow Awards 2017 is 18/11/2016 at 6.00pm. No entries received after this time, either online or hard copy, can be considered.
a. At 6.00pm on the 18/11/2016, the online form will be shut down. Please make sure you give yourself enough time prior to the deadline to fill in the form. Once the form is shut down, any forms which are being filled out but not yet sent will be unable to be processed.
b. If you are sending a printed version, then the form must be received at the allocated drop off points before 6.00pm on 18/11/2016. If you are posting the form, then please allow a few days before the deadline for the form to arrive.
2. The Love Barrow Awards cannot be held responsible for any nominations that are not received due to computer issues such as connection issues or outdated software/hardware or hard copies being mislaid by the drop off point organisations.
3. The Love Barrow Awards cannot be held responsible for returning any supporting evidence that is sent with the nomination forms. It is advised that copies of any supporting evidence be sent in replace of originals.
4. All nominations must be for either a person or a group of people running projects, businesses, charity etc and must involve people. We cannot accept nominations for animals, buildings or locations.
5. All individuals that are nominated must not be deceased at the time of the nomination. If the nominated becomes deceased once the nomination is submitted, then they will continue through the process unless the nomination is withdrawn or personal circumstances dictate that the nomination is discontinued.
a. A group or project that include a deceased member of the team at time of nomination is acceptable.
6. The person(s) / group / project / charity / business you nominate must operate in the Barrow Borough boundary.
a. Eg. A sports volunteer who helps at a group within the boundary but lives in Grange, would be eligible.
b. Eg. A business could be nominated for Community Focused Business, as long as they operate in the boundary and also contributes to the area within the boundary, even if their head office in in a another country.
7. All people/businesses/charities/groups or projects that are nominated must be nominated for an event, project, activity that is either ongoing or has been active within the last 12 months from the date of nomination. Anything prior to this cannot be accepted for a nomination.
8. If a past winner is nominated into the same category as previously won, then only achievements after the date of the previous win will be taken into account.
9. The Love Barrow Awards cannot be held responsible for any forms which contain the wrong information. Where possible, with people’s personal stories, privacy will be respected and information checked but it is up to the nominator or the nominee to guide the media outlets in what they would like retracting or to correct them. The media outlets and The Love Barrow Awards cannot be held responsible if any incorrect information goes to print / on-air / recorded.
10. Each person nominated will be contacted by a representative for the Love Barrow Awards, to ask if they are happy being contacted by the media and have their stories publicised in a blog on the Love Barrow Awards website and social media platforms, in an article in The North West Evening Mail and mentions on The Bay Radio.
11. Each nominee reserves the right to retract their nomination and not take part in the awards regardless of who nominated them or what it was for.
12. The Love Barrow Awards Committee reserve the right to withdraw any nominations ( without notice ) that do not comply with the Terms and Conditions and/or are deemed to be inappropriate, misleading or created in a way that would cause distress, harm or breach of privacy/safety or security to the nominated if the story was made public.
13. The judges will only discuss and judge based on the information which has been submitted on the form. Personal knowledge or connections to any of the judging panel will not be taken into account.
a. Additional information cannot be submitted after the nomination period has closed.
i. EG. If a group wins a funding bid after the deadline, this information can not count towards the nomination.
14. Judging will take place after the nomination are closed. The final 3 for each category will be judged by a panel of mixed representatives from across the Barrow and Furness Area from all sectors, including Public Services, Private Business, Voluntary and Love Barrow Awards Committee Members.
15. Finalists will be announced after the judging has taken place and all nominees have been contacted to let them know they are through to the final and to check that they want to continue.
a. In the event that a finalist does not want to continue in the awards the next person on the judging list will be contacted and, if willing to continue, be placed into the finals.
16. The Love Barrow Awards reserves the right to ( without notice ) withdraw a nomination in the final 3, regardless of what stage the awards are at, if after judging it is found that the nomination was grossly inaccurate or falsified in a way that would have favoured the judging.
17. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on the 10th March 2017 at The Forum, Barrow-in-Furness.
18. All finalists will be entitled to a set number of tickets once they have confirmed that they are willing to take part.
19. The event is a private event and only those with a ticket can attend, nominating someone does not entitle you to a ticket.
20. All entries that an email address is provided for will be placed on to a mailing list for the purpose of keeping people informed about the awards. All individuals have a chance to unsubscribe from the list when the first email is sent.
a. The list will not be shared with third parties and will only be used for the express purpose of giving information about the Love Barrow Awards.
To download a PDF version of these Terms and Conditions, please click the Download button below.