Say Well Done to the young people in your community that are already going that extra mile for others.
The Young Citizen of the Year 2020 sponsored by Kimberly Clark, is a chance to say Well Done to those young people in your community that are already going that extra mile for others.
You can nominate any one from 8+ – 18 years old that lives in the South Lakes area.
They may have helped out with local charities or groups as a volunteer or fundraiser or they could just be the person that puts a smile on a neighbours face by helping them out with the little things, like tidying their garden or helping walk the dog.
At least one of the activities they take part in or organisations they support must be based with in the South Lakes area.
Previous finalists have included:
- Ryan Bickle for his efforts in fundraising, giving his toys to charity and donating his birthday money to local causes.
- Ellie Larsen for giving up her free time to help with charity collections for the local Help the Heroes Fund.
- Kairen Thackrah for stopping to help a heart attack victim, performing CPR and calling the emergency services.
- Jessica Jackson for baking cakes to raise funds to help stop the closure of the local oncology unit.
- Jacob McSweeney for using his local radio show to help raise funds and awareness for Cancer Research.