Say thank you to those groups that make a difference to your life and community.
The Group of the Year Award is for groups that make a real difference to the lives of the community in the South Lakes area.
You can nominate a group that is a run by a community group, a neighbourhood, or is a project of a charity or organisation. They can be funded by a business, grants, or completely self reliant. They may be run by professionals or volunteers, by adults or children.
Previous finalist have included:
- SAFA for their efforts in raising awareness of mental health issues and providing a free service to those in need of heal, guidance and support.
- Voce for their efforts in providing a free platform to raise awareness and funds for local charities and organisations through their concerts.
- Barrow Junior Citizen Scheme for the 25 years of organizing all the local emergency services to provide free awareness building and training to local schools in crime prevention, fire safety, stranger danger, internet safety and first aid.
- Walney 1st Responders, a group of volunteers who provide an essential first response to medical emergencies in the area to support the ambulance services in dealing with any emergency where medical assistance is required.
- Four Groves Community Centre for providing a safe place for the local community to meet and take part in activities, get advice and help and fundraising on behalf of local charities.
Looking for the Project of the Year Award page – CLICK HERE
Need some inspiration, check out previous winners and finalists…